Fragrance Families can be broken down into several main categories: Floral, Fresh & Clean, Fruity & Vine, Sweet & Spicy, Warm & Woody.
- Floral Fragrances provide the comforting aroma of freshly picked blossoms. Some absolute staples in this category include rose, jasmine, and lavender.
- Fresh & Clean Fragrances capture the airy essence of a breeze. Can be aldehydic or metallic in nature, and are typically used to describe water or clean laundry. Herbal fragrances provide the impression of freshly crushed foliage and capture the essence of leaves, grasses, and herbs.
- Fruit & Vine Fragrances can incorporate a broad range of familiar notes including juicy berries, tart citrus, tropical fruits, and classic notes like apple, grape, or pear… the possibilities here are endless.
- Sweet & Spicy Fragrances are sweet, vanilla, baked, nutty, and edible types. They may also contain a sophisticated blend of spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and clove.
- Warm & Woody Fragrances employ facets such as cedar, oak, pine, and sandalwood. Oriental warmth can also refer to animalic, amber, and musk notes.